12 December, 2011

Harmon Rocket III Will Take Off Soon

A successful engine run of my new Harmon Rocket III cheered up an otherwise dull day.

I had attempted to run it on a previous occasion but I hadn't set-up the throttle idle position on the transmitter properly which meant I was trying to start it with a closed throttle - not surprisingly that didn't work!

On this occasion though a good priming had the ASP 80 four stroke engine running in no time. A few more running in cycles on the ground should have it ready to have the engine cowl fitted ready for it's maiden flight and about time too. Although I said it was new I suppose it would be more correct to have said newly built as I've actually had the model for about 5 years but hadn't found time to complete it.

When it is totally finished it will not look too dissimilar to the real Harmon Rocket III