Its been hard trying part with my 35mm SLR and it's associated lenses etc. but the time has now come.
|First to go is this 50mm Zuiko Lens|
Looking adoringly at my much loved old equipment, like my Olympus OM20, it's hard to part with it and a less sentimental look at the facts was needed:
- It's about three years since I last used up an old out of date roll of film.
- I'm not likely to have a roll of film to hand should I decide use it one day and would have to go out and buy one.
- Economics don't add up.
- I can get better results with my Olympus E420 - and I can know that's the case before I leave the scene of the photograph.
- Saving it all for it's future high antique value will be a long wait.
- 35mm cameras are still in use so I might as well get what I can for it and let someone that will enjoy it do so.
- Finally, really, am I ever going to use it all again?
It's the last point that does it. There is no likelihood of me using 35mm camera equipment again and as I said in opening, the time has come.
So up for sale first is my standard 50mm Zuiko lens. No doubt I will be disappointed with the auction price it goes for but fixing it at a value that it is actually worth is unlikely to gain a sale at all.