17 May, 2011

My Webbit gets it's legs

A chance conversation with a fellow Charity Mass Build 2011 Webbit builder, John Thompson and his wife Lady Sarah Thompson, has provided me with a tough but slightly flexible undercarrige for my Webbit. 

It turns out that John runs his own GRP business TBG Bradwall Plastics Division and so naturally chose GRP as the material to use for his undercarriage and made one for me too. As you can see I have just been to collect it. The red undercarriage on John's Webbit is the prototype and I asked for mine in black to match my aeroplane.

This one was custom made for me with a slot in the middle through which my bomb release mechanism can pass. 

If anyone else would like one then contact John with details of your requirements. Likely cost is around £3.00 to £4.00, depending on the work involved.

TBG have a lot more plans for GRP products in a wide range of markets and seem to be able to make just about anything but sticking to the theme of radio controlled aircraft he showed me the prototype moulding for GRP spats which he is going to produce in a range of sizes and these too will carry a very attractive price tag. There's more! He is also working on a very wide range of cowls which should be hitting the market before too long.

TBG Contact Details:

Thompson Bunn Group, also known as TBG BRADWALL PLASTICS GROUP.

A Garden Nursery and GRP company based in Sandbach and Bradwall, Cheshire. The nursery has been established for over ten years and grows all their own plant stock. The nursery is called The Back Garden Nursery and has a BLOG at http://Thebackgardennursery.blogspot.com
                                                                  
They also produce many GRP products from r/c boats to galloper horses, plant pots and planters and have over 15 years experince in this field. 

Email: americagate1@yahoo.co.uk
Phone: 01270 765497 or 07961 932291